The early Subaru Imprezas had what was called a top entry turbo with the turbo inlet tract bending through 90 degrees. As these early turbos have worked through their usable life, when it comes to replacement, it's often more economical in terms of cost and performance to fit a later front entry turbo such as a VF34 unit instead.
Fitment of this kit allows you to fit a later front entry type turbo but then retain the early inlet tract configuration.
Samco pride themselves on being hand made in South Wales here in the UK. Samco Sport are the original high performance silicone hose brand and pioneers in the development of direct replacement high performance silicone hoses. Chosen by leading aftermarket tuners, International Motorsport teams in F1, BTCC, WTCC and OE vehicle manufacturers it’s no surprise that Samco are regarded by many as world leaders in performance silicone hose supply.
• Kit consists of the following parts:
X1 90 degree turbo intake hose
X1 Resonator box to AFM 90 degree joining hose
X1 Resonator box to inlet manifold joiner hose
X1 Stainless Steel Marine grade Hose Clamp Kit
• Manufactured to meet or exceed the requirements of SAE J20.
• Manufactured under an ISO 9002:2000.
• Produced using a SamTek silicone inner lining, wrapped in a specialist fabric then finished with the finest quality silicone outer layer.
• Produced to OEM dimensions to ensure perfect fit.
• Subaru Impreza Turbo's from 1992-1996 (Japanese Domestic Market vehicles only).
This kit is not suitable for WRX or European / UK models.
Cars manufactured and designated for distribution within Europe have tighter restrictions on emmissions. As such these vehicles have a vacuum take off for the carbon canister (found on the hose between the Air Flow Meter and the plastic resonator box). Vehicles built specifically for the japanese market did not have to obide by the same emmission restrictions and as such JDM vehicles do not have the need for a vacuum take off on the turbo intake hose.